Mitratech’s Latest TeamConnect Release Features Enhanced Integration with Microsoft Office®
By bringing more of TeamConnect’s legal management capabilities into the Microsoft Office Suite where legal staff spend most of their time, Mitratech enriches the overall value legal departments receive.
AUSTIN, Texas, January 15, 2015 – Legal staff looking to significantly improve their productivity and minimize risk for the overall enterprise will benefit from Mitratech’s latest enhancement to the TeamConnect platform with an industry-leading two-way integration with Microsoft® Office. Mitratech is the leading provider of enterprise legal management solutions, including matter management, spend management, e-Billing, legal hold, and compliance solutions. While TeamConnect has had direct integration with Microsoft Office applications for several years, the level of capabilities and the value delivered to clients has been significantly increased with the new release.
Attorneys, paralegals, and other legal staff spend most of their day in Microsoft® applications, including Outlook®, Word, Excel, and Powerpoint®. By bringing more of TeamConnect’s matter, document, and spend management capabilities directly into these systems, TeamConnect’s users realize significant time savings by never having to switch between applications. Even more important, overall usage of the software increases, ensuring that General Counsel have full visibility into all of the operations of the legal department – at a time when the legal department’s impact on the overall enterprise has never been greater.
“Mitratech is focused on enabling the legal department to be the best-run function within the corporation, and a key attribute of a best-run legal department is its ability to track all legal data in a single place and to get instance access and visibility to that data,” said Mitratech CEO Jason Parkman. “TeamConnect is designed to make it as simple as possible for all legal staff to manage, update, and track data without ever leaving the systems they spend the most time in – ensuring complete visibility and lowered risk to the business.”
Key features of the enhanced Microsoft® integration include:
- A single integrated Outlook® calendar view with full two-way sync between the Outlook® calendar and TeamConnect’s user-specific legal calendar;
- The capture of additional metadata on the e-mail sender, cc, and subject lines when being dragged and dropped into TeamConnect, enhancing the searchability of the system;
- The ability to quickly browse and search for documents within TeamConnect from Outlook, as well as the ability to rename, choose categories, and add descriptions – all while still adhering to TeamConnect’s security provisions;
- The ability to check out and edit matter documents and check them back in without having to save the file to the user’s desktop while maintaining full version control, saving time and increasing collaboration within the legal team;
- Certification on Microsoft® Office 2007, 2010, and 2013; and
- Automatic TeamConnect login with Windows ID
With almost 30 years of experience as the authority in enterprise legal management solutions, including matter management, spend management, contracts management, compliance management, and legal hold, Mitratech’s products are used by more than 25% of the Fortune 500, 100% of the Am Law 200, and over 65,000 users in over 140 countries. To learn more, visit mitratech.com.
Microsoft Office and Outlook are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.