An organisation must ensure that consent procedures by which employees agree to the retention of their personal data are in place and reviewed. Also, employees need the ability to find out what personal data is being processed, why it is being processed and where it is being held.
- Easy-to-use online self-service forms allow employees to submit any data privacy requests in a consistent manner.
- Forms can be built with embedded business logic, dropdown fields and other features.
- Once submitted, requests are automatically routed to proper stakeholders for review.
- Ability to capture rationale around the outcome of requests.
- Process transparency can be enabled, if desired, to allow greater visibility and collaboration for all parties.
- Track requests in a central database to ensure they are responded to within a timely manner and escalate to appropriate stakeholders if requests are overdue.
- Automatic audit trail that documents every step of the process as they happen and prove compliance.
- Faster response times to requests that follow the correct process.
- Reduce data handling errors with process automation.
- Using self-service to capture employee consent (where required), provide the ability to request data changes or transfers, and any other updates helps deliver the transparency, accuracy and compliance required under the GDPR.
- Centralized tracking and reporting allows the DPO and other stakeholders to have an overview of all request statuses in real time.