Top 5 Features Your Legal Hold Software Should Have
A legal hold is a legal mandate to inform all parties and potential evidence custodians that litigation is imminent or anticipated of the need to preserve potentially relevant information that paper documents and electronically stored information (ESI) must not be altered or deleted.
Implementing an automated legal hold solution is more necessary now than ever: failure to comply or enforce appropriate legal hold procedures can result in dire legal consequences and fines; and tracking all the notices and responses across your organization can be tedious, even without the added burden of managing custodians who are working remotely.
In the case of Acuity ELM Essentials, we address these needs by integrating with LegalHold, one of the most powerful legal hold solutions around, offering a quick and cost-effective way to improve and/or automate your workflows.
If you’re contemplating a legal hold software solution to make legal hold management easier, ensuring that you are fulfilling your responsibilities and documenting everything along the way, what are the features you should look for?
The five features to look for from a legal hold software solution:
- NOTIFICATIONS: Notification management and tracking.
- REMINDERS: Configurable automatic reminders of legal hold obligations.
- TRACKING HISTORY: A full audit tracking the history of all legal hold activity.
- TEMPLATES: A template library of standardized notices you can reuse to ensure reliable, repeatable processes.
- CUSTODIAN DATABASE: Profiles and history for all custodians and potential custodians.
With the right legal hold management solution, handling the complexities and risk involved in this essential part of the litigation and claims process becomes much simpler. Which, in turn, can help in obtaining better outcomes.