Draft a process for managing requests for hardware or software, and allow those requests and items to be tracked by the organization.
- Online self-service requests can be customized in TAP to capture all necessary information.
- Once a request for hardware or software has been submitted, the workflow routes it to the right stakeholder/administrators for review in designated sequence.
- Rules and embedded business logic can be embedded in forms/workflow to pre-filter requests.
- Approvals can trigger other workflows such as hardware/software training or procurement.
- Integration with IT asset tracking systems can create a record of hardware and software assignment.
- Automated reminders ensure prompt administrative review of requests, as needed.
- Status updates can be sent to requesters at various steps in the review process.
- Mobile access lets workflow participants access and act remotely.
- Centralized dashboard provides visibility into all requests within the organization, either current or historical.
- All workflow records, assets and documentation are centrally stored in a secure Cloud repository for later audit and analysis.
- Requests can be handled in minutes or hour versus days.
- Capturing accurate requirements via automated forms eliminates errors and back-and-forth communication.
- Form and workflow automation within a single system ensures consistency of processes, driving cost and time savings.
- Customizability means all forms and workflows are adapted to enterprise need.
- Centralized monitoring permits real-time security oversight and governance of IT assets.
- Audits and analysis of requests can be done in detail thanks to automatic archiving of workflow records and data.